Women aren’t fighting to be superior to men, but equal to men and no woman should settle for anything less.
What the world has to say about Feminists:
- “Feminists are crazy, power hungry”: False: Calling feminists ‘crazy’ as we’ve seen a lot, is downright disgusting. It takes not having basic privileges and rights, to realize how much noise one needs to make to be heard. That’s exactly what feminists do, and rightly so. A feminist is not trying to gain ‘power’ over men. To be treated equally is the goal. Of course, it comes off as being power hungry because the hunger is real. Not for power, but for equality.
- “Feminists are a naturally man-hating species”: False: This is probably the most common statement thrown around at someone who comes off as having feministic values. It’s sad that it has to be explicitly mentioned, but feminists do not hate men, just the irrational men who probably say things like ‘feminists just hate men’.
- “Feminists just want attention”: False: Why, just, why? Why would the fight for rights be a way of just wanting attention? And if that’s what it is, as long as the issues get the attention they deserve, it’s all good.
- “Feminists have no sense of humor”: False: Quite shockingly, I get why this is a widely spread cliche. Feminists have a low tolerance for people who don’t take their work seriously, but so does every other group in society. Making light of a situation that is quite intense, doesn’t sit well with anyone, forget chauvinistic jokes.
- “Feminism is meant to cause more divorces”: False: That’s not the intention. Will feminism spread awareness with more and more Indian women to understand that they are being mistreated inside and outside the house? Yes. Will it help a woman understand her rights and that she even has rights to begin with? Absolutely. And if that leads to more divorces. So be it.
Do you think we have pigs in our society? Let’s talk pornography, rape, blackmail and men’s rights groups in India, coming up in Chapter 5. Are we still wondering why Feminists act the way they do? There’s no question. The society needs more feminists.